Introducing the secret weapon for our cocktail guru, Sharni, in lockdown: the Strawberry Gin Smash! Take your night cap up a notch with this delicious (and incredibly easy!) cocktail. Sharni is sure it will lift your spirits and give your tastebuds the kick they need during this extended time at home.
No strawberries on hand? Get creative with any fresh (or frozen!) fruits you may have on hand.
Strawberry Gin Smash
- Fresh lemon juice (1 lemon, squeezed)
- A handful of strawberries, sliced (and extra to garnish)
- 60ml gin
- Sugar syrup (or see recipe below)
- If you don’t have any sugar syrup on hand, start by adding 1 cup of water and 2 cups of white sugar to a saucepan and heat on high until mixture thickens
- Pour 15 ml sugar syrup, gin, lime juice and strawberries into a blender
- Add ice (to your liking) and blend for 10 seconds
- Grab yourself a glass, add some ice, and pour away!
- Garnish with extra strawberries
Share your pics of our Strawberry Gin Smash on socials! @verandahbarsydney #verandahbarsydney