COVID-19 Safe Events.
We’re here to make your function as comfortable and safe as possible for you and your guests
After all of the extra down time we’ve had this year, we’re ready to get the party started. If you’re thinking about your events for the months ahead and want to know what extra COVID-safe measures are available to you, talk to us today, we’re here for you!
We’ve also put together an COVID-safe events information pack that outlines the current regulations, our safety measures and provides you with peace of mind options for your upcoming events. Be it face masks, single-use cutlery and glassware, exclusive bathroom use, outdoor areas, extra space, or anything else, get in touch with us today and we’ll be sure to look after you.
We’d like to assure you that our function room and seating layouts and our Function Menus will be adjusted to ensure all health regulations and social distancing guidelines are met to provide a safe environment for you and your guests.
You can let us know what additional requirements you need for extra safe COVID measures on our function enquiry form.
Our policy is to be as flexible and as accommodating as possible, and should you need to adjust or cancel a function booking due to COVID-19, we will do everything we can to ensure a smooth transition for you, including refunding deposits paid.
COVID-19 Safe House Policy
Tilley & Wills Group
(updated 6 January 2021)
As a group, Tilley & Wills are taking all possible measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and ensure that our patrons, staff and suppliers of Bistro Mosman, The Buena, Clovelly, Greenwood Hotel and Verandah Bar remain protected from the possible spread of COVID-19.
Tilley & Wills precautionary measures include:
- All FOH and BOH staff must complete the Australian Government Department of Health’s online training in infectious diseases
- Dedicated COVID Safety Marshal allocated on all shifts
- Revised and regular training of best workplace practices, with implementation of additional COVID-19 Safe House Policy
- All venues are registered as a COVID-Safe business and implement the relevant NSW COVID Safety Plan
- Regular monitoring of Australian Government Department of Health regulations to ensure the latest advice is being adhered to.
Rigorous hygiene measures include:
- Mandatory face masks for all staff in line with current Government regulations
- Sanitiser stations at entry and exit points, as well as throughout the venue
- Digital food and wine menus available
- Removal of communal items such as straws, menu sleeves and cutlery
- Daily deep cleaning of venue
- Regular sanitisation of high touchpoint areas
- Commercial dish and glass washer sanitise cycle at 82-degree cycles.
Updated Venue Layout & Structure:
- Compliance with restrictions on internal and external capacity as well as venue maximum capacity
- Social Distancing signage around all bar areas
- Areas requiring queuing promote physical distancing with the use of floor markers
- All guests in indoor spaces must be seated, with no standing or mingling
- COVID-19 Safe House Policy and other health and hygiene information displayed throughout the venue
- Limited capacity in lifts (where applicable).
Updated Conditions of Entry:
- All patrons’, staff and suppliers’ details will be collected at entry electronically, and kept for 28 days
- Patrons, staff and suppliers will be denied entry if showing signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have recently visited a COVID-19 hotspot
- All patrons, staff and suppliers are encouraged to download the COVID-19 app.
We’d like to thank you for your continued support and compliance with our COVID-19 Safe House Policy. We look forward to welcoming you back to our restaurants and pubs.